Does this sort of liquid DPM actually dry?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just read on the Wickes site that this product...

http://www.wickes.co.uk/damp-proof-membrane-liquid-5l/invt/241217/

...is unsuitable for putting underlay and carpet upon because it never fully dries. So I assume it's meant to be used underneath various other layers of floor material and not merely left on the surface? I'm looking for something cheap to put on top of a suspect concrete floor before laying carpet - which, I should note, was on it for about 30 years previously without any obvious problems. The rubber waffle underlay was pretty knackered, of course, but it wasn't wet or anything. But then that's hard to tell when it's so cold, and it may have been a bit damp - who knows?

If this kind of product is suitable and will dry so that I can put other things on top (I'm not worried about perfect levelling) then that's OK, but if not then do any liquid or paint-on DPMs actually dry or have I misunderstood their purpose?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back