dog chewed alarm cables!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Came home the other day to find that my loving dog had decided to rip up my carpets and chew through 2 cables to the alarm!

The alarm is a eurosec cp7 or 8 not sure how to distinguish? i have cut back the cables and reconnected them, i'm sure i have wired them correctly as one of the cables was 4 core and the other was 6 core. before reconnecting these cables the keypad was flashing tamper. since reconnecting the tamper has stopped flashing and i now have just the power and day light on.

None of the sensors are recognising movement and as soon as i press anything on the keypad i get the internal alarm.

Is there anything that could have blown in the box (fuses etc?) or will the unit need resetting?

Any help will be appriciated?

thanks

Sponsored Links
hi,

Is there anything that could have blown in the box (fuses etc?)

there will be
Well that's a helpful reply.

There are three fuses in your control panel >

Mains Fuse 200mA slow blow
F1 System Fuse 1A quick blow
F2 Misc Fuse 250mA quick blow

F1 or F2 blown seems to be your problem, when the dog was having fun the pair of wires in the cable feeding 12v to the detectors was 'shorted', blowing a fuse.

A quick trip to Maplin should find the types of fuse mentioned. Suggest you turn off the mains supply to the alarm before you go poking about inside the box though, then unplug one of the battery leads.

I don't know this panel I'm afraid so what exactly happens and in what order, when it is powered back up I don't know.

Do as I've said, then reconnect the battery, (will more than likely make a noise) close the lid of the box then turn the mains back on.

Entering your code twice, think of it as a key switch, on & off, hopefully should get you back to normal.

Please come back and let us know how you get on - or to ask another,

Good luck

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply, will fetch some fuses in the morning and hope for the best!

don't know if it will make any difference but the alarm has been switched off for about 3 weeks, will this affect the battery?

thanks

If it has drained the battery too much then you may as well put a new one in. Another trip to maplins ;)

know its took a while to reply but have changed the 1amp fuse, put in the code and am back up and running!

cheers europlex turned what i thought was gonna be an expensive job into a relitively cheap 1!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back