Dog in Japan stays by the side of its ailing friend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a universal truth that dogs are man's best friend, but they're pretty darn loyal to their own as well. Case in point: this tear-inducing video, via the website Jezebel, showing a dog, shivering and disoriented, remaining loyally by the side of a stricken fellow canine amid the devastation of the Japanese tsunami.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3TM9GL2iLI&feature=player_embedded

CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.

Watch when the hurt dog raises it's head,as if it was going to get up,and the dog standing watch put it's front leg over it as it to say "Stay still, don't get up...I'm here and everything is going to be okay."

Sponsored Links
that dog must be thinking " what the fux just happened !!!"

I have not watched it, because I don't like seeing suffering of any kind, but I do have true empathy and can visualize the situation.
Recently one of my cats suffered a serious stroke, the compassion shown by my other cat, and dog, had to be seen to be believed.
The cat is making good progress towards a recovery, vet said he will probably still have a slight imparement.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I have not watched it, because I don't like seeing suffering of any kind, but I do have true empathy and can visualize the situation.
Recently one of my cats suffered a serious stroke, the compassion shown by my other cat, and dog, had to be seen to be believed.
The cat is making good progress towards a recovery, vet said he will probably still have a slight imparement.

Wotan

Wotan watch it... it's not a decapitation or a stoning! ffs !!!! it's a wet dog wandering round near a sleeping dog !!!!

I have watched it Imamartian, yes of course you are correct.

Wotan

Back