Dogleg extensions / mixer bar fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just had my shower room boarded out. I've got a Triton Thermostatic shower bar to fit.

I put in 15mm - 1/2 BSP elbows with wings to support it in the brick work behind.

The plasterer though has come too far away from the wall with his dot and dab and I won't get the minimum 7mm required once the tiles, and skim are on after putting on the trim covers.

Is there such a thing as an extended dog leg connector, or some sort of threaded extension? Had a search and couldn't find one. I didn't fit a shower bar and maybe should have but still would have had this issue I guess.

One alternative is I cut the trims down to a few mm as opposed to the 18mm they currently are.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
1/2" BSP tap extensions would extend the wingback elbow threads by about 1".
PS05106T.jpg

That's probably all it needs..

Thanks I can sleep now without having to have the conversation it all has to come off when he comes to skim in the morning..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back