doglegs in wiring...help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
installing an extractor fan in a utility room (no sink in there). I want to spur horizontally from an existing wall socket (unspurred as yet) to an FCU. Then go vertical from the FCU, then dogleg a right angle to a flex outlet plate for the extractor. If the dogleg is within 15cm of the ceiling, do I need to show where the right angle occurs using say another flex outlet plate or can I just bend the cable at right angles take it horizontally to the extractor?

I am going to use plastic conduit clipped at a few points to the wooden battens behind the plasterboard (this ok too?, are clips required or can cable hang in the space behind plasterboard?)

If I do need to show where the right angle is with a device, what do I use? another flex outlet plate and patress box as said or something else?

what would be required if the dogleg wasnt within 15cm of ceiling?

Sponsored Links
You don't need to indicate the position of the bend, because the 'safe' zones extend horizontally and vertically from each accessory.

You need to clip the cable at least often enough to ensure it stays within the safe zones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back