Domestic fire Sprinklers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience / advice regarding DIY installation of domestic fire sprinkler systems?

Sponsored Links
dont think you can buy them (sprinklers) that would mean you have to get a "kit" - which would have instructions

i would not bother - cost lots of money, cause lots of damage regardless (well old ones do)

drgnb said:
Does anyone have any experience / advice regarding DIY installation of domestic fire sprinkler systems?

recently had a "mist system" installed which was acceptable to fire authority in three storey rented house.

much less damage than sprinklers as amount of water limited by contents of cylinders in roofspace.

i did not DIY but it would have been easy as it's all glued plastic pipe.

Sponsored Links
Mist may satisfy fire authority, but insurance companies might be different. I did look at systems, but they were standard sprinklers, needed to be professionally installed, and had to deliver 60l/min. (think) This meant it needed a big pipe, and loads of pressure, and had to be a dedicated water supply. (Needed testing every year too).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back