domestic hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one please recommend a good quiet pump to boost my domestic hot water from the hot water tank which is heated by the central heating boiler and / or an immersion heater) in the airing cupboard to the bathroom taps, I can't raise the supply tank any higher, so a pump looks like the best option, but which one ???:confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jaime
looks like it will do the job, good price too...will give them a call tomorrow
Cheers

Depends how much of a boost you require, if i remember correctly these only boost upto about .9 of a bar...

Sponsored Links
from the grundfos website
Typically adds between 0.5 bar and0.75 bar pressure to the
existing inlet pressure
! Stainless steel encapsulated rotor
! Stainless steel rotor can and bearing plate
! Pump can be set to ‘Manual’, ‘Automatic’ or ‘Off’
! Flows up to 1.4m³h (5.2 gpm)

I did say if i remember correctly... And bearing in mind, most people that fit this will have well under 1bar to begin with... You would not fit this to a system that originally had over a bar or so pressure...

from the grundfos website
Typically adds between 0.5 bar and0.75 bar pressure to the
existing inlet pressure
! Stainless steel encapsulated rotor
! Stainless steel rotor can and bearing plate
! Pump can be set to ‘Manual’, ‘Automatic’ or ‘Off’
! Flows up to 1.4m³h (5.2 gpm)

If you look at the flow diagram at 1.4m3h it will deliver approx 3.0mtr head which is under 0.3bar...

Hi guys thanks for the input, but don't do technical, I ned the pump to send hot water from the tank to a bathromm thats about 30' away on a level run, the present pressure is just pants so do you still think this pump will do the job, or can you suggest another one please :?:
PS have used push fit joints so can't go above 4 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back