Door frame fillers for front door in a flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. We had new carpets laid for the first time in our flat and due to the thickness of the underlying foam some doors needed to be shaved. They shaved the front door as it wouldn't open with the new carpets, and we ended up with a big gap under it (around 1 inch) when the door is closed. We could see under it into the communal hallway. As we are leaseholders and this is officially a fire door owned by our freeholders, we paid a fire engineer to install a drop down fire guard. In retrospect I wish I had known to tell the carpet fitters not to shave this door and we could have left the door as it was, then put a little vinyl or tiled entrance area instead of carpet there.

When the fire engineer came to install the drop down guard he said we can buy material to fill the gaps in the door frame. He said the door frames haven't been finished by the property developers and he wouldn't be able to sleep if his home was left like this. My question is - does anyone know what these door frame fillers are called please so that I can source some? Filling in the gap at the bottom of the door frame would also help to sound proof things a bit better, as the drop-down has only a thin bit of rubber looking material covering the gap.

If anyone knows the answer then thank you in advance :giggle:

IMG_1743.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG
IMG_1742.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back