Dorma cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a triangular shaped cavity running the whole length of my dorma style house. At the minute is has 30 year old 'insulation' laying on the floor and up the sides of the bedroom walls. Someone has nailed polystyrene to the roof section aswell which seems to do absolutly nothiing.

Anyway my question is what is the best way to insulate this space Do I insulate the inside wall and floor or all 3 sides (inside bedroom wall, floor and roof rafters?)
This is not in the loft, it is the unusable bit in dorma houses that extend above the downstairs rooms

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Two or three layers of quilt insulation on the floor and some Kingspan or Celotex between the vertical studs behiind the boards will be ok. Maybe add a thin layer (say 25mm) of King or Cel behind the studs for good measure. No need to do the rafters too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back