Dormer cold flat roof ventilation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi:)

I'm renovating an 80's house with large dormers on the front and rear.

Ive had the whole roof replaced including the dormers (epdm).

The roofing company didn't initially install any ventilation on the flat roof soffit.
As I'm also retrofitting pir insulation in a cold roof design between and over the rafters (from inside leaving a 50mm gap) they are returning to install a strip vent which will provide continuous ventillation along the span of each of the dormers.

The Ridge tile is a dry ridge design which the roofers have told me acts as ventillation?
Along with the dormer soffit vents that will be installed will this be enough to ensure the flat roofs/top apex of the roof will be ventilated enough?

Or should I also be looking at extra ventillation in the apex portion? Actual ridge vents or vent tiles etc?

Pic below is an old one just before the roof was replaced, same size dormer to the rear as well

After all the messing I've had I just want to do it right and hopefully forget for a while!

Many thanks for your time

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back