dot n dab advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am about to dot n dab my bathrom today, its only a small room at 1.5mx2m and has high ceilings, 2.5m even with suspended ceiling up so I will need 100mm extra on top or bottom. I have the full size green moisture boards waiting however I cant get the feckers in the room cos they are too big to turn upright as one end is still in the doorway lol. So i guess i need to cut the boards down a bit. I was thinking of running them horizontally to keep the taper joints where possible, when dot n dabbing will there be problems with the weight of the top board sitting on the bottom board ? Would the bottom board need to be fully gripped before the top board goes on ?

thanks in advance for any help

pippo

Sponsored Links
the suction from the dabs will hold them in place, you can sheet away. ;)

you better hurry up its getting late :LOL: . and get the pics up when you're done.

Sponsored Links
It may be worthwhile fixing a couple of screws at the join to prevent the top board slipping behind the bottom board, as this often happens as you offer the top board into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back