double checking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l know you guys will say look in references,but l just want to double check with you.l have just brought a new extractor fan for the bathroom with a timer.l have three wires yellow, blue, red,correct me if l,m wrong.Red to fan live,blue to neutral, yellow to L1 is this correct.Also does L1 and the letter T in the fan wiring mean the same, and what would happen if l got red and yellow the wrong way round.

Sponsored Links
ray316 said:
l have three wires yellow, blue, red,correct me if l,m wrong.Red to fan live,blue to neutral, yellow to L1 is this correct.
Thats the way round I would expect it to be, but thats presuming the person who installed the cable used the colours most sensibly

Also does L1 and the letter T in the fan wiring mean the same
I'm guessing so, sounds like the trigger for the timer

and what would happen if l got red and yellow the wrong way round.
Presuming that red and yellow are live and switched live, then getting the the wrong way around would result in the timer overrun fuction not functioning until the wiring is corrected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back