Double radiator cold on one side, hot on the other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've a radiator upstairs from the boiler that is double and the back side gets hot but the front doesnt. The heat or lack of it is consistent at the top and the bottom, although the very bottom is warm close to the pipe.

It looks like an old radiator and the in/out pipes are all on one side.

Any thoughts
Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
take it off and put a hosepipe in it

while its off open both valves (one at a time) into a bucket and check the flow

have boiler / pump off while you do :idea:

Has it got 2 bleed valves - one on each rad @ top :idea:

Sponsored Links
Was it working okay previously? If so, remove rad and flush both sides. You have a twin entry valve, which should have a distribution tube that may have become disconnected. Double rads are not normally any good with twin entry valves, which is why I am asking about the history.

Was it working okay previously? If so, remove rad and flush both sides. You have a twin entry valve, which should have a distribution tube that may have become disconnected. Double rads are not normally any good with twin entry valves, which is why I am asking about the history.

Hi expertgasman,

After google-ing for 2 hrs finally I found your reply. I have recently removed my twin entry valve connected double panel rad for cleaning. When I took it out. The distribution tube was not connected with valves, instead it was loosly connected with radiator - In all the other's single panel rad it was connect with the value. I tried to pull it out but it wasn't coming out. Looks like it was bend inside towards the back or front panel (Not sure if this was done intentionally).

So, I flushed all the radiators including double panel one but now all the rads are working except double panel one. I tried turning off all the rads except double panel but still not working.

Just wanna know in double panel rad, which side the tube should be connected with? value or rad.

Kaka

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back