double sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to buy a new double sink from b&q this week, they supply optional plumbing kits but I have heard they are not very good. Would it be better to buy the bits myself, and how should it be plumbed in? Do both sinks share a U-bend or do they have one each?

Sponsored Links
when you say double sink do u mean

A: main bowl, little bowl plus drainer (called 1 1/2 bowl)

B: main bowl plus large drainer

C: 2 main bowls side by side.

:?:

Sponsored Links
The kits used to be useless, but they're usually OK now. But you would be better off with a trap for each of the wastes, otherswise one is very likely to be rather smelly. It's likely to take youa couple of visits to a GOOD plumber's merchant to get the best bits to make it compact, but worth it.
I'm also not a fan of the practice of connecting washing/dishwasher machines' wastes to spigots on the main waste, cos you find your waste disposer (if fitted) gets flushed with all the grot from whichever machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back