Down Stairs Radiators Don't Get Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm new to the site and wondering if anyone can help with my problem. We have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35CDi Combi Boiler which was installed in the upstairs bathroom 6yrs ago. All has been well until last week when we suddenly lost heat to the down stairs rads and recently installed underfloor heating to the new extension.. I've checked the pipe work leaving the boiler upstairs and noticed that where the 22mm tees off to feed the underfloor heating (22mm) and the down stairs rads(15mm), it not hot! It's only hot at the top connection of the tee from the boiler. Its as if there's a blockage at the tee connection! Is this possible? Just in case i flushed through the system over the weekend, re-dosed with inhibitor and refilled the system. but this hasn't improved matters. I hope I've explained this properly and I would appreciate any advice that can be given.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The under floor heating is taking all of the heat, needs to be balanced.

Call back the installers.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks but I checked the manifold and its Luke warm at best! There's no heat getting to it from upstairs! Could it be anything else?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, ive turned off all upstairs Rads and the down stairs Rads are now getting hot. No noticeable difference on the UFH but it is under ceramic tiles and may take a while to heat up. What does this mean?

Bit of an odd one, but without the benefit of seeing the system, maybe a failing pump.

Tell me about it.. It's cooking my noodle! I'll do a bit more research in the morning and then probably give some one a call.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back