Downlight design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having some chandeliers in my living room and dining rooms that are squarish in design. I was thinking of having square downlights located in installed also. Should the rest of the house have square d/lights, or would it be ok to have round ones to match the round chandeliers in the hall/landing etc? Does anyone else mix and match?

Sponsored Links
Designers would use a phase such as "room flow".

Essentially where the ceilings are open between rooms (such as front / back recpt knocked in to a through lounge) then the ascetics demand the same image, thus the same fittings.

Separate rooms will cope with separate fittings, but I wouldn't start looking at very different for each and every room.

It would be prudent to stick with say 2 models for the whole house, and even then make sure they are similar in finish. So silver / bright square one area or more, rest same finish round.

Thanks for the advice. So if I use square ones downstairs and round upstairs in the bedrooms and landing are I should be ok? Also using square items with oval centres for the stair led lights.

It won't be breaking any laws.

This is a question of style and personal taste - somewhat outside the scope of DIT Electrics" IMO.

Sponsored Links
Yes I know just wanted an opinion and Chri5 did help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back