Downlight Spring Clips...where to get them??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all!

I have had the joy of moving house to find that the downlights around the house have the bulbs hanging from their fixings.

I believe this is down to them being pressed steel downlights and having those annoying spring clips that are placed on top of the bulb to hold them in missing, the problem i have is....i dont know where to get replacement ones.

Can anyone help??

Ta!

Sponsored Links
Best place?

The wholesalers.....

And if you want toll-free ones, grab them from the wall displays they have - They are usually lamp-less anyway ;)

Best place?

The wholesalers.....

And if you want toll-free ones, grab them from the wall displays they have - They are usually lamp-less anyway ;)

Come on lectrician....Now now now, we cant be advocating theivery, haha! I was looking for somewhere online to get some with limited hassle, is there nowhere online that anyone knows of?

How many do you want - I bet a well worded email to the likes of JCC would see a few freebies through your door..........

Sponsored Links
How many do you want - I bet a well worded email to the likes of JCC would see a few freebies through your door..........

I counted 4 in the kitchen and i anticipate the same number in the other rooms, so 8 in all, i would have to double check when i go there again...JCC? Who is this kind saviour?

I cannot believe in this day and age, with all this technology and power at your fingertips that i am unable to locate 8 pieces of shaped wire, haha!

Go to any wholesalers and buy a complete downlight, you'll get the lampholder, the spring clip and the two clips that hold the unit in the ceiling for around a pound! That's what I do when I can't find a wholesaler who sell the clips seperate.

City electrical factors normally sell just the clips if there's one near you.

http://www.multimap.com/clients/bro...st Midlands&ukheight=250&client2=cef1[/QUOTE]

The Oughton Road one is not far away from the area i work in so might have to pop in there, probably wont be until Monday now but seems the best option!

Cheers for that Tim :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back