Downlights for a Bathroom

Bear with me, as I'm new here! So far, I've gatehered that I need to take my Zone 3 only, £7.50 for 3 (though they were half price) mains downlighters back to Homebase. I have a pucker shower light from John Lewis, though this was £30! :eek:

I have an en-suite which needs a shower light (to replace the existing one where I suspect the transformer has failed) and another 2 for the rest of the room. The remainder of the room is Zone 3, but with the comments ref steam, I may as well go for the IP44 type, right? Now, why transformers vice mains? And - this will sound particularly daft - how do I wire them in. The existing light is a standard light fitting (hence I don't see the absolute necessity to use IP44, but do see the safety aspect), linked to the shower light. Is it a case of taking the existing feed, and using that for the first of the three, then running cable from the first to the second and then to the third?

Grateful for any advice and/or prompts as to where to get a good quality, yet reasonably-priced set-up, as I may well do the other bathroom if this goes to plan! Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back