Downstairs Rad Cold When Hot Water On

I don't have TRV's on any of the Rads.

Surely if there was a blockage the radiator would never heat up, it wouldn't just be a problem when the hot water is on?

Also when I changed the pump on Saturday one of the original valves was stuck so I had to drain and refill the whole system - wouldn't this have cleared any sludge out? However it did take almost 2 hours for the system to refill - is this normal for a central heating system with only 3 radiators or is this related to the problem I am having?

Sponsored Links
Surely if there was a blockage the radiator would never heat up, it wouldn't just be a problem when the hot water is on?
Sorry, I missed that point. I think then it's a balancing issue. The hot water circuit may need restricting so as not to take so much of the available flow. Also I don't see why you need the by-pass open at all if you don't have TRVs. Closing that will improve circulation.

2 hours to refill the system is ridiculous, but may not be related to the main problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back