DPC AND RENDERING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just had the outside of my house rendered as advised by the survey when we bought it .
The company started the job then 3 days in pulled off site as they said they can't render over 15* . Can anyone else confirm this as it seems unlikely to me .
I pushed them to get it done and under duress it was done at 17-19 *.
Now it's finished they say they did the DPC and rendered over it ?
I can see no sign of drill holes ? How can u tell if they are being straight with me?

Sponsored Links
If they've rendered over the DPC they've bridged it and it's now ineffective.

The (presumably injected) DPC should be visible underneath the stop/bell bead which should be 150mm above the ground.

As above - the render should stop at least 150mm above ground level.
The DPC should also be installed at approx. 150mm above GL.
Typically, the render is stopped just above the DPC with a SS or plastic Bellcast - &, as suggested above, it must not bridge the DPC line.

Use of any kind of galvanised beads with render is a bad old practice - the metal eventually rusts and bleeds through the finished surface.

You would have to hack off a patch of render to locate any recent or historic DPC.

OP, it might be worthwhile for you to post more info about your house and the survey report?

The nonsense about rendering only in temps below 15* is rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back