DPC level of a double blue brick course?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double layer of blue bricks around my house acting as the damp proof course. I know that the level of a path or drive should be 150mm from the DPC (Building Regulations for England & Wales - Part C, Section 4.4) what I am asking is if I have a double layer of blue brick, where should I be measuring from? The top of the two bricks, the middle or bottom?

A builder friend of mine says I can level the drive up to the middle of the two but would like confirmation of this.

Thanks Jono.

Sponsored Links
one of the reasons for the 150mm is so that rain splashing up does not make the wall wet above the damp course. So your ordinary red bricks need to be 150mm from the ground. So the ground should be no higher than the bottom of the lower course.

Thought this might be the case - thanks for the quick reply. I will lower 2 drain manholes and level my drive, path and patio accordingly.

Thanks again.

Jono.

that`s what Barrymore said when he looked in his pool .........is he on the top, middle or bottom? :eek: :mad: ...allegedly

Sponsored Links
you could still level the drive to where you wanted it and just leave a drainage channel around the perimeter of the engineering bricks infield with peashingle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back