DPC width questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am pulling together a list of materials for the wall construction and have a few questions regarding the width of the DPC layer. The wall construction is cavity wall in 100mm blockwork pebbledashed externally with a suspended timber joist floor internally.

What size DPC should be used in the following instances (standard products from Selco)

1) Outer skin of 100mm blockwork - Is 112.5mm correct selection to accommodate for the block plus pebble dash?
2) 215 solid wall element - Is 225mm correct selection to accommodate for the pebble dash
3) Inner skin of blockwork - Will the 112.5mm work or should i go wider and lap down behind the timber wall plate?
4) Above openings where cavity wall lintels have been installed for cavity tray - 600mm

As always your knowledge would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are wall starters something that are best left to the bricklayer to install or can i have them in ready for them to turn up? On solid wall (Block on side) is 1 wall starter sufficient or should they be doubled up?

Are wall starters something that are best left to the bricklayer to install or can i have them in ready for them to turn up? On solid wall (Block on side) is 1 wall starter sufficient or should they be doubled up?
are you putting in a vertical dpc?

Sponsored Links
Architect has specified "Vertical DPC's to be provided as required to all reveals in external walls". I have seen DPC's installed between the wall starters and existing. Is this necessary/good practice? I cant see the benefit of a dpc being installed between an exsiting/new wall that is being rendered externally but i am not a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back