draining and filling ch system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am wanting to drain my system i have a britony combi 100. i have 2 drain cocks downstairs. i shall use both to drain i shall open 1 first with a hose connected to it then, when nothing more comes out i shall go go the other cock and drain that. the questio i have is

1. on drain cock do i turn the square bit all the way open or just enough to let water pass. see im not sure if the square thing will screw out all the way and come off and let water everywhere, or if it stops after few turns.

2. i dont have any rads connected at the moment. i will have 7 when all connected, 1 of them is a towel rail. i herd that i need to open the bleed valve upstairs when draining however i can not do this as no rads connected. how can i drain the system making sure all the water is out without the bleed valve?

A.could i open the flow and return valves on the rad pipes in any of the upstairs rooms.

B if so great, do i need to do this process to every room upstairs that has rad connection to the system? or just 1?

Sponsored Links
Well its a bot of a guess, but if you have 2 drain cocks and no rads it may be there's a drain on both flow and return, yes this can be acjhieved by opening the valves anything to let air in to replace the water coming out

the square bit will unscrew fullly if you want but best to leave it in a little bit just so you where it is, or else you might misplace it somewhere,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back