Draining Combi Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to add an extra radiator to my central heating system and will need to drain and refill the system. I have a SIME combination boiler. Is there anything I need to be aware of when draining the system or is it just a matter of shutting off the supply to the boiler and opening the drain (fitted at the lowest point in the system). I'm a bit concerned about creating a vacuum in the boiler expansion tank and damaging it while emptying the system.

Sponsored Links
or is it just a matter of shutting off the supply to the boiler and opening the drain (fitted at the lowest point in the system). I'm a bit concerned about creating a vacuum in the boiler expansion tank and damaging it while emptying the system.

you don't need to shut off the water

switch off the boiler tho

ex vessel will be ok

make sure the auto air vent is open on the boiler

turn off ALL the rad valves and it will drain quicker as the water will stay in the rads ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back