Draining my system

Sponsored Links
Draining is done in same manner as combi, turn power to system off. Attach hose to drain point, open, wait till water stops.
Is the 3 port definitely sticking or is it staying powered when it shouldn't be?
Which is often due to incorrect wiring on these systems.

Draining is done in same manner as combi, turn power to system off. Attach hose to drain point, open, wait till water stops.
Is the 3 port definitely sticking or is it staying powered when it shouldn't be?

Thanks for reply, I reckon its sticking because it has been fine in the past, watching it I can see that sometimes it doesn't close when the thermostat is moved, the motor seems to stall, giving it a nudge encourages it to move, so I think it is that valve

Sponsored Links

Thanks for reply, I reckon its sticking because it has been fine in the past, watching it I can see that sometimes it doesn't close when the thermostat is moved, the motor seems to stall, giving it a nudge encourages it to move, so I think it is that valve

Hi Mick again, where is the drain point on that photo, any idea?

Vaughan

It might be just the valve head that is sticking so just change the head, if it turns out to be the whole valve then you can drain the system down.

ps you really havent got the hang of posting pictures have you ;)

What make is your 3-port valve?

This weekend I've changed the stiff spindle in my Myson 3-port valve. Of course I had to buy the whole valve to get the spindle out (so I've got a lump of brass sitting around - paper weight?).

What make is your 3-port valve?

This weekend I've changed the stiff spindle in my Myson 3-port valve. Of course I had to buy the whole valve to get the spindle out (so I've got a lump of brass sitting around - paper weight?).

Not sure who actually made it, its a Plumb Centre branded valve looks very similar to yours

Replaced the 3 port valve and BINGO, thermostat clicks off, 15 second delay, boiler fires down, room cools, click.....15 second delay, boiler fires up all as expected so all fixed, thanks to all :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back