Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all.

Doing my bathroom up just now, pulled practically everything out it, and have been fitting the new shower tray.

Ive fitted all new 40mm drain pipes from it to the cast iron pipe under the floor as the old glued conections cracked.

On finishing the drain for the shower, i pourd a basin of water in and it just sits there lol. it does drain you can hear it in the pipes, but very very slowly.

how the hell can that be? I know its not easy not seeing it, but the showers in the corner of the room, 40mm plastic drain running down hill at all times with a U trap in it connecting to an iron pipe about 4 foot away.

any hint or advice for what ive probably done wrong?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Obviously a blockage somewhere. Check all new pipes are clear and if so look at soil pipe and drains. :D

i dont understand how it can be blocked, its new! the old cast iron drain was working spot on before hand, thought it might be some airlock/movement issure, ill try get some photos if it so I can show yous how its set up.

Sponsored Links
ive not connected the sink yet so its got an open end on part of the waste pipe, could that cause it?

its how it was set up with the old shower :confused: Ive never been trained on drains only freshwater plumbing so Im sure im missing somehting stupid lol

it was the U trap. just kept pouring water down while disconecting things and found its just not letting water flow round it, its not blocked or anyhting its just not running like that.

So im taking it out and it should be fine, didnt realise the shower tray connector has a trap built in

cheers folks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back