Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It would appear that our surface water drain is blocked. The kitchen
waste discharges into it.
It is a ceramic drain. I've tried to stick a pipe into it but I cannot
find the exit bit, when i stick my hand in the drain it is as if there is a trap system for the water to go through.

I am now trying caustic soda to see if it unblocks it.

Next step is either contact dynorod or my insurer which has emergency cover however I am worried that the insurer will only send a general tradesman rather than a drain expert. Has anyone had experience of legal and general's emergency cover?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a drain rod plunger try that works most times forces the water round the trap.
Washing machine powder is more likely the cause.

If you are covered by your insurance then they will send a plumber/drainage engineer.

If you call out some from the local paper then ask for a fixed price and not half rate.

Andy

i would first try a hose pipe, with a adjustable nozzle so you can get a good jet on it. might just be a load of crud that needs stirring up and flushing away. could be solidified fat, a tin can etc , rubber gloves job, if that fails its time to ring someone else.

Sponsored Links
As per seco - or a mop and a bucket of HOT water - I`d bin the mop after though , or keep it just for the purpose , not for mopping floors ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back