DRAYTON TEMPUS 7 heating programmer (WIRING)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old randell 3060 is to be replaced with a new tempus 7, the problem is on the tempus wiring i have. N L 1234 and on the randell i have 1 which is a black wire 2 red 3 red 4 red 5 dead 6 red 7 black 8 earth , sorry for be thick, to many wires not enough holes.
black to black blue to bits

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem as BIGRONMAC - I have a big terminal on the Danfoss which is a (non mains) neutral, with 2 wires going to it. On the new Drayton there is no indication as to where these wires should go!

I was thinking 'Well, maybe they should go into the mains neutral' but then why have a seperate Neutral on the Danfoss then?

The wires are neutrals from CH and DHW I think - should these go to the CH and DHW 'OFF' terminals?

Sponsored Links
How is this a hijack? It's exactly the same problem!

The solutions posted above do not help and I've already had one electrician look at it (who was stumped). The documentation maps the wires across fine but doesn't tell you what to do if there are other wires present...

OK I sorted this out eventually for those with the same problem:

Even though the old Randall has 2 different negatives you put the spare wires from the Randall (in slot '1') into the negative of the Tempus ('N'). I ended up with 3 wires in the negative.

Everything sprang into life.

Hot water tonight, YESSSSSSSSSS!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back