drayton valve

has

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
can anyone tell me how to remove the head on a drayton zone valve actuator.

Sponsored Links
its a cream colour, actuator code za 6.
has black button on left side and a-b on right side.

ACL Drayton lifestyle :?: , you can't. well you can but you're not supposed to as they aren't replaceable. To get it off you have to remove all the internal components, microswitch and plates and ratchet and undo 2 philips screws.

Sponsored Links
guess thats a plumbers job then. I was called out to check the wiring as someone the night before had connected the white wire to permanent live. He was a heating engineer but i was under the impression this was not required. It has 2 -2 port valves(hot water and central heating on a megaflow system. Have i missed something as i cannot find any info(wiring diagram) for this particular valve.
Thanks for your help

ACL Drayton lifestyle , you can't. well you can but you're not supposed to as they aren't replaceable. To get it off you have to remove all the internal components, microswitch and plates and ratchet and undo 2 philips screws.

Is it possible to replace it with a 'replaceable' model after that?

You will need to change entire valve for a replaceable head version to be fitted.

actuator code za 6.

The ZA6's are the newer removable head ones. Clip the lever over to the open position, and then press the black button on the side to release.

It's the ones that started 679H or 779H and badged ACL Lifestyle instead of Drayton that were non-replaceable.

actuator code za 6.

The ZA6's are the newer removable head ones. Clip the lever over to the open position, and then press the black button on the side to release.

It's the ones that started 679H or 779H and badged ACL Lifestyle instead of Drayton that were non-replaceable.

bingo... the man speaketh the truth

guess thats a plumbers job then. I was called out to check the wiring as someone the night before had connected the white wire to permanent live. He was a heating engineer but i was under the impression this was not required. It has 2 -2 port valves(hot water and central heating on a megaflow system. Have i missed something as i cannot find any info(wiring diagram) for this particular valve.
Thanks for your help

Whers ballski with his exploding cylinder when you need him :evil:

Assuming "has" is a sparkie I hope he knows what he's doing.

Yikes! It says Lifestyle and the code begins 679H.

Is there a way of greasing the WMH switch or
How do you change the whole unit for a working one?

Yikes! It says Lifestyle and the code begins 679H.

Is there a way of greasing the WMH switch or
How do you change the whole unit for a working one?

turn off the power and strip it down any mechanical faults will be obvious.

I took the cover off before but it looked OK inside. I don't know how to strip it down though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back