Drayton Wiser integration help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am wondering if I could find some help on this forum with regards to adding the Drayton Wiser to my system. (Boiler is a Glow.Worm Flexicom24cx)

I have taken some photos of the steps I have taken to try and follow the instructions from Drayton, and hopefully someone can point out the obvious mistake I have made. :cautious:

The image below is when I took off the Honeywell Timer.
Old Honeywell config.jpg

below is how I read the instructions :notworthy:
New Drayton Wiser Config on the Right.jpg

The image on the left is when I removed the Drayton Digistat+ RF
Wiser on the Right - Old on the left.jpg

I am of the thinking I need to get rid of the Drayton Digistat+ RF but how? Do I just cap the ends and put a blanking plate on the wall?

I was able to get the boiler to turn the heating on with the new Drayton Wiser receiver box but holding the Heating button down for 3 seconds (it was flashing but never stayed solid).

Any help you guys/girls could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Try not to roast me to hard for my novice skills :whistle:

Attachments

• Drayton Thermostat.jpg
    Drayton Thermostat.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Honeywell Unit.jpg
    Honeywell Unit.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 150
Sponsored Links
Do I need to wire the old thermostat receiver into the new Drayton Wiser unit?

Any help would be great!

What is it your trying to do ? you posted pics of your old stuff but nothing of what you have replaced it with, could you post a wiring diagram and/or pics of what you have connected up.

What is it your trying to do ? you posted pics of your old stuff but nothing of what you have replaced it with, could you post a wiring diagram and/or pics of what you have connected up.

Sorry for not posting an image of the Drayton Wiser I have, thought I added it on the upload.

This is the one I went with - https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/products/Smart-Heating/Wiser/wiser-thermostat-kit-2

The last picture in the 1st post is my wiring attempt for the wiring diagram I received in the box. https://wiser.draytoncontrols.co.uk..._24-11-17_t3612_wiser_instructions_issg_g.pdf

Thank you for the response Picasso. (y)

Sponsored Links
The black and yellow wires on the drayton receiver could be switching the 24v side of the boiler, if you stick 240vac on them you will fry the pcb, obviously you need to find out where they are connected in the boiler, if they are connected to the 240 side you can just connect them together and the boiler will work from the wiser stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back