Drilling - Fitting a roller Ball top latch to some new doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just received a couple of oak internal doors to replace our old doors and need to install the roller ball latches into the top of each door to hold them shut.

Got the Hinges on no problem, but was wondering if there is any advice on how to drill the hole for these. Its looking to be 20-25mm hole which needs to be approx 40mm deep. im a little concerned with only 10MM either side of the hole that I may split the edge as I try to drill down straight. At £140 a pop I dont want to c0ck it up. Im presuming a standard wood bit, high speed but light pressure.

Thanks in advance, Lee.

Sponsored Links
as a note, the ****(male hen) was`nt a profanity..over sensitive checker?

Sponsored Links
Just a quick point before you fit them - if they are required to hold a door that is springing open or to keep it tight into an out of square frame, they are not usually strong enough to do that. If they are not for this purpose, drill away! ;)

All worked out well, thanks for the advice, especially the clamping the wood next to the drill point.

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back