Dripping gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
After all this lack of rain we’ve had Ive only just noticed this after a bit of rain we had last week. My gutters have suddenly started dripping at a few of the joints. I thought it was maybe moss built up and soaked up water but I went up and cleared them out but not much there. Am I correct in thinking that these joints have rubber seals under the brackets? Im beginning to think that maybe all this sun and dry weather have deteriorated the rubber and its failed???

Sponsored Links
Or it may be the natural movement in the plastic which is why when properly connected adjoining lengths of gutter have an expansion joint where they meet.

Blup

Assuming you have plastic gutters then there's a rubber seal at each join. Unclip one of your worst ones and check the rubber, they might just need cleaned and re-fitted. Beware both the gutter bracket clips and the clips holding each section together can get brittle and break easily, so do any work on a hot day when the plastic has slightly more give.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back