Dripping noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother recently had a combi boiler fitted, since it was installed she has been hearing a dripping sound coming from the pipes,you can hear it upstairs as well as downstairs (where the boiler is fitted). The installer came back out but said everything looked normal and the pressure was correct (he was unable to hear the dripping)
Is there anything more i can do it's a constant dripping noise which she can hear clearly at night. At a bit of a loss as what to do next, hope you can help.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
condensate working with sensitive hearing,air in the pipework, on new installs it can take weeks to get air out if they left the aav open that is

isolate the mains stopcock and see if it stops.

can be a cold water pipe somewhere dripping.
have known them to leak into a cavity wall but not do any internal damage.

sorry forgot to ask. is this with the boiler off as well or just when its on

Sponsored Links
if you have a water meter you might be able to see the little black dial turning slowley. if so could be a leak on the hot or cold,was the combi an upgrade to an old cylinder arrangement

Yes the dripping continues even if it's turned off, the boiler wasn't an upgrade. She doesn't have a water meter.

Will isolate the stopcock and see what happens.

Nothing can be done about it :!: If, like me you`ve had it since a small child. You don`t notice it much , Lucky really because it sounds like a factory running across the road- if I think about it - when it`s quiet at night. Cant be a real factory in Britain --There all shut and gone to China :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back