drips from overflow when hot water is turned off...

kap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've noticed that when the hot water is turned on (i.e. Boiler is running) there's no dripping, but when the boiler is off, it drips. So during the day when i'm at work it drips all over my patio, but when i get home and switch on the water, its fine.........any ideas/ explanations

I have a floor mounted potteron boiler and cylinder tank.

I'd really appreciate some pointers.

Thanks,

Kap

Sponsored Links
Just guessing, but I would think that it is the cold feed tank to the hw cylinder that is the problem. Change the ball valve. When you are at work it is probably still dripping and as you are not using any water during the day it is overflowing.

Thanks, i'll check that, but what really bugging me is that it stops dripping when the boiler is heating the water (i.e. stops when the boiler is on and is heating the water), so no drips when its on, but only drips when the hot water (boiler) is off.

Any ideas?

would appreciate any suggestions/ explanations

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Depending on which overflow is dripping, it could be that you come home from work, flush the loo, wash your hands; therby loweringthe water level and stopping the overflow.

It could be a good couple of hours before it starts to overflow again - which happens to coincide with the hot water being on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back