Driveway aggregate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently looking at getting my Tarmac drive done in gravel.

I was originally thinking Cotswold Chippings but a friend said it can turn to dust quite easily. A builder has suggested plumb slate but I know slates brittle so I don't think that's a good idea.

My thoughts are that 14mm granite Chippings though I like the look of Derbyshire peakstone but is it as hard wearing as the granet?

Also the builder suggested leaving the Tarmac due to cost of removing and just putting some Tarmac Chippings down to level and whacker plating I befor putting the gravel on top! Somehow doesn't sit right with me

Sponsored Links
Just looking to confirm or deny if my gut feelings are accurate. So in simple bullets;

1. Is Derbyshire peakstone as hard wearing as granite? Or does it disintegrate like Cotswold and slate.
2. Should I remove Tarmac or is it ok to gravel over top provided hardcore is whacker plated into the Tarmac?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back