drop cloths using black bin bags ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to paint my living room, so i am going to strip the wallpaper off and then wash the walls.

But can i make drop cloths to protect the carpet using black bin bags by cutting them through the middle and laying it out flat on the carpet ? will that work ?

Sponsored Links
Have you not got any old bed sheets? why not invest in a couple of dust sheets only £6 each last for yrs... but dont tellmy customers that,,lol.
I just can't see strips of balck bags staying where you put them.

im wondering whether water will slp under the plastic bags and onto the carpet, i once covered the bathroom floor and dont know how water managed to get under.

i dont have any old bed sheets, threw them away ages ago.
i usually dont keep old and dirty stuff in the house whatever i have is thrown out so spending £6 is like throwing it in the bin after walking all over it and cant keep the messy stuff like that,

Sponsored Links
Try your local Freecycle or Realcycle groups, someone may have some old duvet covers you can rip open to use, also Poundland do a large plastic sheet you can use.

You will have to tape up all these bin bags, will take you ages to do.

Spend a few quid to save yourself lots more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back