Drying / Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Basically we've had the front room re-plastered and part of that is behind a radiator.

I was told not to turn the radiator on as it could cause the plaster to crack - but I'm wondering how long I need to leave it off - we have the painter in on Monday so it needs to be dry before then but how long should I leave it - it was finished plastering yesterday lunchtime. I'm also away this weekend so would like to have the heating coming on now and again to keep it at a constant tempreture - i was thinking of leaving it off until tomorrow morning then set the thermostat to 18c or something.

Any ideas? Guidance?

Thanks,

M.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Basically we've had the front room re-plastered and part of that is behind a radiator.

I was told not to turn the radiator on as it could cause the plaster to crack - but I'm wondering how long I need to leave it off - we have the painter in on Monday so it needs to be dry before then but how long should I leave it - it was finished plastering yesterday lunchtime. I'm also away this weekend so would like to have the heating coming on now and again to keep it at a constant tempreture - i was thinking of leaving it off until tomorrow morning then set the thermostat to 18c or something.

Any ideas? Guidance?

Thanks,

M.

always best to have the heating off while the skimming is geting done aa can cause to dry out to fast and eventually crack

if it was finished yeasterday then im sure 24hours is more than enough but have it at a low temp to begin with and maybe a window slightly open. This will help get it ready for the painter as you need at least 5 days in the winter before painting

Thanks.

Yes he will have 5 days because it'll be towards the end of the week (he'll be doing the back of the house first). I'll put the heating on low tonight - it'll have been about 30 hours by the time I do.

M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back