Dusk to Dawn wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a dusk till dawn sensor to install, but it does not have any instructions with it.
Am I right in saying that the LI has to be wired from the live of the fuse box and the LO has to wired to light.
There is only 1 neutral terminal so do I wire both the N fom the fuse box and N from the light together.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It will need adjusting to trigger at the right light level, with no instructions are you ok with this?

probably have one or two screwdriver adjustment knobs

usually two one that adjusts the on light level and the other for a time delay to stop irratic switching during intermittent lighting conditions.

I've never seen an adjustable zodion type photocell, which from the lablling on the terminals this sounds to be.

Sponsored Links
Can you confirm the make and model. If it's dusk to dawn it could be a PEC (photo electric cell). RF is right, they wont be adjustable.

Lot of manufacturers, but your principle is correct unless you wire it in 3core from a JB or the light itself.

Also, is it a Nema type or miniture block type? What are you switching and whats the rating of the "sensor"?

p1307382_l.jpg
doesn't

CMTSPE1.JPG
does

breezer, can you post the link to that second product? I'd like to read up on it.

Ta

Thanks guys for your help.
It was the same one as breezer posted.
All installed cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back