Dusty Firebird Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a firebird 90 combi about 6 years old. It has been serviced about 4 times over this period. About 3 months before the last service we noticed yellowish dust around the boiler and kitchen. It's been checked for leaky flue, seals etc, no luck.
Gone around it with a gas sniffer and watched it in the dark with a torch still could not see where the dust comes from. It also has a carbon monoxide detector directly over it and it does not move
Anybody come across this before, suspect it may have a split casing that only leaks on start up and expansion seals it when temperature builds up.
Any suggestions appreciated really doing my head in now.

Sponsored Links
Does the flue go through a cavity wall?
Yes the flue goes through the cavity wall balanced type, have checked it out and sealed it on internal and external walls.
Flue pipe is warm but not red hot when boiler is on. Wall is insulated done about 3 years ago. I had thoughts it was the insulation breaking down ,but dont think its that.
Regards Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back