DVR - Help needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am in need of a DVR so far I have tried a KG-SHA104 ( 4CH ) from Mapli*s the motion detection was 1 - 4 and totally ridiculous probably not even worth having. Anyway sent that back.

Then I tried a Mak*o DVR (MPEG4) which had great motion detection with multiple settings but no remote or mouse so a real pain to use, especially with no manual! thats gone back.

Next I tried a 674/H.264 from Henr*'s, the motion detection is good with multiple settings but image quality was terrible, far worse than the last two.

I have seen a DVR that was actually quite good but the owner got it as part of a kit, he can't remember what website he got it from and its unbranded. Looks like this, image scanned from the instruction manual which is in very bad English but again no clue to brand.

box.jpg

I can't find it anywhere on the net.

So the situation is I have no DVR and need one asap.

I have three outside cameras, and one inside. all are

•1/3" SONY CCD
•540 TVL
•4~9mm vari-focal lens
•42pcs IR LEDs built-in

The important bits for me are motion detection, I need to be able to "tune" each camera. Level of sensitivity, spacial sensitivity, time of sensitivity. etc. Or have a good level of sensitivity.

Picture quality to TV must be good, (can be via vga) recording must be good.

Pentiplex
100 fps

Remote and mouse and must have gui interface thats easy to use.

Do not need DVD just USB back up will do.

Would need to connect to pc via lan and view on iphone although thats not essential just me being a sad git.

I have about £250 to spend but could push to £300

I have now looked at so many websites and makes and models my head is in bits. Emailed quite a few sites about specs etc but most don't even reply. (Business must be too good)

Any reccomendations please.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but, its not gonna happen with you budget.

Good dvr £700-£1000+

Have a look at the ones by Avermedia. They are very stable, and would work in your price range.

Have a look at the ones by Avermedia. They are very stable, and would work in your price range.

Thanks for that I will have a look at the Avermedia, any experience with Robox, the spec looks OK with the bonus of HD with an hdmi connection. Never heard of them before and can't find any reviews.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I've not heard of Robox.

Take a look at what rfconcepts.co.uk have to offer. I've had good experiences with them in the past.

Your budget is too cheap for a decent DVR.

Also the DVR may not be the problem with images, could be the cameras and incorrect lens used.

FPS, you need not use more than 12FPS per camera. Quality is better than amount. 25 FPS tops.

Dynamic do good equipment. COP Security have improved over the years.
Although not to my taste.
Spend £500 and have a decent piece of kit.

I tried three of these units and they all failed within 12months........

what I did not realise was that Alien is simply a rebranded cheap chinese DVR...

I leant my lesson.......I'm back on Samsung Techwin...quality speaks volumes ...oh and its cheaper than the Alien trash...I should have known better :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back