Dyson battery vac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

Have a Dyson DC34 handheld vac with a DC31 battery. The current battery is a Chinese finest Li-ion and has been good for a couple of years. Today, when plugged into the main, the charge light flashes once and that is it.

I have removed the battery and the only multimeter reading I get is around 17v for about one second, then back to zero. My guess is the battery is a gonna, but is there a way to actually test it? There was no evidence of it loosing power nor reduced charge, just today, zilch.

Thanks and toodle pip

Sponsored Links
It is the original supplied Dyson charger and is giving around 18V+

However, it does say on the back 24.38A ...348mA and 16.75V ... 348mA

Not sure what that means?

As mentioned above, when checking the battery, the meter shows around 17V for a nano second then goes to zero.

The trigger produces nothing, no attempt for the motor to run. When plugging in the charger, the charge light illuminates for a nano second and goes out; may be this is because the battery if fully charged?

If you have ensured all filters are clean and there are no blockages it does sound like the battery has failed again.

Sponsored Links
Got to agree with you. Will buy a replacement and give it a go.

I find these days, one of the problems with everything being battery operated, when it stops, although the most logical conclusion is battery, one does tend to think that the device is faulty.

Yes you would hope to get more than a couple of years out of them. Unfortunately Dyson no longer support that model so getting a genuine one is difficult. Having said that chargers do fail as well.

Problem solved. Not surprisingly, a new battery is all it needed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back