Dyson DC07 Filters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - having a problem with my DC07 Animal.

It's started cutting out after about 5 minutes - I'm guessing it is overheating and must have a safety switch.

I've cleaned the filter on the side of the motor, but is there another one that I need to clean out??? - and if so can anyone guide me through dismantling the dyson to give it a general clean out and tune up.

House getting dirty - plz help

Cheers - Steve

Sponsored Links
most upright dysons have the main filter between the dust box & the manifold, not sure about your model, but I would look for a place where a 6" circular x 11/4" deep filter would fit.

You may find that the cyclone unit is clogged.

This model has a lot of mini-cyclones which clog easily, particularly if you have cleaned up plaster or sawdust.

Remove the cyclone and waste collection unit and then separate the two. Now hold the cyclone unit over a waste bin and tap it sharply. Make sure you do this outdoors or in the garage. If a lot of dust comes out that's your problem.

The easiest way to clean it thoroughly is to use a pressure washer but it takes ages to dry completely. I got around this by buying a spare cyclone unit on eBay for about £13, so I always have a clean one.

This website gives more detail:-

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/diy/dyson/cylinder-clean-page-1.jspx

Ultimately, running with a blockage isn't good for the motor either

I've taken the dyson apart now and cleaned the cyclone - and its still cutting out after 5 minutes.

Are there any other filters i'm missing apart from the circular one on the side of the motor????

Can't believe its still not working.

ps....lots of crap came out of the cyclone but nothing blocking it as such

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that it is not the cable broken, the conductors break inside the insulation at the point where the cable enters the machine, try jiggling it about next time it cuts out.

There are two filters
  • A sponge one at the side under a detachable mauve plastic cover which you can wash
    A sealed one under the dust container - not much you can do with this one except blow air through it or tap it
When it cuts out, does it smell of burning or is it excessively noisy?

If so, replacing the motor may be indicated. This is where I got to with mine. Awkward to do, but I got a new motor for £35 post free which I thought was quite reasonable since the filter which is just a piece of foam costs nearly £10.

The machine is now almost silent and works great but I use my VAX for clearing up plaster - much easier to clean - just put the bag in the washing machine. :)

hi - no blokages in the system as far as i can dismantle it...

it runs fine with just the motor, fine with the hepa filter COVER (but no filter), cuts out if the filter is on....

BUT if i don't put the Hepa filter on but add the cyclone/bin, it still cuts out (which says to me its not the filter but something else entirely.

Any helps???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back