e mail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys.
hope u can help with this problem i have been experiencing. Basically when somebody sends me an e-mail, the sender apparently receives an e-mail from me straight back asking them to click on a link. Obviously i do not know anything about that. I have run my Avira anti virus and Spybot and Cccleaner but the problem is still there.I am thinking of changing my e-mail address.......btw i am with hotmail. Before i change my e-mail address, is there anything i could do to sort that problem out and moreover do u think my pc has now got a virus? Thank u for your help.

Sponsored Links
Could be that someone has gotten hold of your password and set up an auto reply, login to hotmail and then click options in the top right corner, and then click more options.

This should open a new page, click send automated vacation replies, and make sure this is turned off.

If this does not solve it then let me know, I might have other things for you to try.

Could be that someone has gotten hold of your password and set up an auto reply, login to hotmail and then click options in the top right corner, and then click more options.

This should open a new page, click send automated vacation replies, and make sure this is turned off.

If this does not solve it then let me know, I might have other things for you to try.

Hi 3guk and thanks for your time. i have followed your instruction and indeed there was that silly automated vacation reply message that i have never written. How did somebody manage to set it without me knowing about it? If somebody managed to do it once that means that they can do it twice!! What should i do to prevent it happening again?? Do you think that hotmail is too vulnerable and i should probably go with gcom or gcom is as vulnerable? Thank u for your help and your pieces of advice.

Its obvious that someone got a hold of your password, I'd change it as soon as possible, use Letters numbers and symbols if possible, this should rule out any attacks where people guess your password by trying random combinations.

It could be possible that a computer you have used to access your email has at some point had a keylogger installed, which will record passwords, since you have done a virus scan, this should catch it.

Webmail is all the same, as long as you look after your password then no service is any more secure than another, change your password regularly and chances are you'll avoid this ever happening again.

Sponsored Links
Its obvious that someone got a hold of your password, I'd change it as soon as possible, use Letters numbers and symbols if possible, this should rule out any attacks where people guess your password by trying random combinations.

It could be possible that a computer you have used to access your email has at some point had a keylogger installed, which will record passwords, since you have done a virus scan, this should catch it.

Webmail is all the same, as long as you look after your password then no service is any more secure than another, change your password regularly and chances are you'll avoid this ever happening again.

Thanks again. ;)

Back