earth leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have installed a ring main in my new kitchen 2.5 and wired it to the c/u by a 32amp, m.c.b to a r.c.d 80amp 30mil amp the new walls have been plastered on dot and dab p/board.the r.c.d. trips but when i wire on to a 16 amp m.c b not protected by an r.c.d it works fine a have 6 no s/u/let. and 2 spurs on a radail.please help. brig

Sponsored Links
You obviously have an earth leakage fault on the kitchen ring cct

Have you checked the IR L-N, L- E & N-E on kitchen ring?

hi thanks you got in one .i remeberd i did fix the commons on to the the wrong buss bar on the lighting side thanks again brig p/s reply

Sponsored Links
Do you have the neutrals in the correct terminals in the consumer unit? I take it you know about part p?
and 2 spurs on a radail.
Please explain
you have got in one i remeber i did fix the neutrals on the lighting block i was working by candle light my temp light had given up at the time, thanks again

2.5 to the spurs . i have a splitter c/u and i a put the 2.5 nutrals on the lighting block bar 16amps thanks

Can you post photos?

This does not sound like a standard circuit arrangement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back