Earth Terminal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the great advice on here - it has been invaluable.

Quick question regarding termination of earth wire in a shaver socket. MIs followed but show earth termination into backbox IN ADDITION to the faceplate termination.

Problem is that plastic backbox [47mm] has no earth terminal. There is a 'space' for one but none fitted.

Done a bit of searching and reading on here. Appears that suggestions range from terminating 'backbox' earth into choc or crimping.

Have also seen that MK do boxes of brass earth terminal blocks [MK 3175] which would do the job nicely but cannot source them retail-wise anywhere on the 'net [anyone know who sells them??]

Perhaps I should try and source a plastic backbox which has an earth terminal? Don't really want to use a metal one unless I have to.

Any views please??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just connect the earth to the earth terminal on the shaver socket and leave it at that. There is no point at all in adding an earth link wire to a plastic backbox.

The MI's will assume the socket is being installed in a metal backbox, which would require the additional earth. As your box is plastic, see plugwash's reply.

or send me £5 and I will send you a brass Earth Terminal with fixing screw and cable-clamping screw. The very thing!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies folks.

And thanks [but no thanks]for the offer JD!!!!!

Much obliged

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back