ecotec plus 831 combi boiler pressure risings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi this is cross posted from another thread as i was advised to create a new topic.

i know from the manual that the filling loop is supposed to removed after filling at installation time (but its not clear to me why though? ) surely if the 2 stop valves are closed then it shouldn't be taking in water? ( or is this just a public safety thing to stop water from the boiler ending up back in the mains?.)

My reason for asking is that it seems to be filling slowly even when the valves are off - ie the pressure in our system is slowly going up even when not on (unless the mains water is turned off). I wonder if this is due to the fact that these were left still connected and/or if the stop valve is defective and letting in a small amount of water?

thanks dave. [/b]

Sponsored Links
It is possible that the filling loop valves are letting by and its worthwhile disconnecting to check but there are other possible causes

hi THANKS FOR all the info. I think I will play safe on this, if the valve is leaking I would assume disconnecting the hose would cause dripping from the disconnected hose(unless an easy way to cap it off?) ? So I thought I would just put an isolalation valve on the mains water feed to the boiler.

Is that sensible or am Imissing something?

thanks dg.

Sponsored Links
It has a mains isolator under the boiler, this is part of the filling valve. If you shut off the cold in to the boiler no hot water will come out.

Cheers Iassumed there were seperate feeds for the hot water and heating filling circuit. Assumed wrong so much for that idea!. !.

I have disconnected the filling loop by taking out the circlip and pulling it is slowly dripping from there so that would explain the slow increase in pressure.

What do you suggest instead, there is an allan key on the underneath of connector perhaps that can isolate it instead?.

thanks very much.

dave.

Time to replace the filling valve. That should sort it.

she (my girlfriend's boiler) would like to find a way to stop it for the timebeing and then get that and the condensing vessel done at the same when can afford it I wonder if could get a blanking fitting that could fit in there for the time being?

thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back