Egg on Car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! My car was egged recently and while I immediately removed it from the paint it won't come off of the black rubber part?

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
It does eventually wear off. :evil:

I was done the other year at the so called "Mischievious Night", licensed vandalism more like! :evil: :evil: :evil:

If I'd ever caught the little thugs, they would have eat the egg and flour mix off my car! It took hours to wash off late that night, and I was finding flour in all the seals and crevices for weeks afterwards.

Anything on paintwork will leave a mark which will always come back.
30 years ago when I was in South Africa I was told a story by one of the people at the main Ford dealers.
At Christmas they had used shaving foam on a Mk3 Cortina bonnet saying 'Merry Christmas'
They later washed it off and the car was sold.
A couple of months later the owner brought the car back because 'Merry Christmas' had appeared on the bonnet after the sun had been on the car for a long time. (Christmas in summer there)
They used cutting paste to bring the bonnet back to its correct look and the owner drove away happy.
Before long he returned saying his car was haunted.
Merry Christmas had reappeared on the bonnet.
The dealers were eventually forced to replace the car with a new one as nothing they did could stop 'Merry Christmas' coming back.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back