Electric Boiler Rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have oil central heating and my boiler is a Boulter Boilers wall hung external Camray 15/21 rated at 65000Btu/19kW.

In view of the high cost of oil I have been looking at Electric Boilers as a replacement. So far the highest rating I have found is 12KW.

I'm don't know if I'm using all the output of my current boiler, it was just the one suggested when I had oil installed over 13 years ago.

Wonder if anyone can give me some advise as to how I can check what KW in an electric boiler I would need.

I live in a 3 bed semi detached bungalow which has cavity wall insulation and very thick loft insulation. I have 7 radiators ranging in size from 500 x 600 to 1200 x 600 and two towel rails 1500 x 600.

If I do change the system I will also replace my old copper hot water cylinder with a new foamed one.

I did read somewhere about needing to carry out fresh heat loss calculations for this sort of thing but I've no idea how I do that.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are worried at the price of oil, then Electric heating will give you a heart attack....

Oil and electric are around the same price at the moment.

The poster could put in a heat pump (air or water) but he might need fan assisted rads to get the max out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back