Electric Shower and Limescale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
The mrs has a Redring Electric shower at her house and is just about a year old, Over the past couple of months the shower has started turning off and beeping and also had a really poor flow rate. THis sometimes also means that water is far too hot.

The Shower appears to be fed off the mains from the attic, The flow for the rest of the house doesnt seem to be an issue and running another tap in the house doesn't make any difference to the show flow.

One think we have noticed is the showerhead does get clogged with limescale so we have to clean in every month with a limescale solution of some sort. Im not sure if this is causing a larger blockage issue.

Im am handy at DIY so having a look is no issue however I'm not sure what may be causing this or where to start... Anyone who had any idea's please let me know.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Redring Electric shower at her house
Redring what model ?

the past couple of months the shower has started turning off and beeping
Turning off what as in the heat or flow/heat ?
Sounds to me that your loosing heat activating the tco.

and also had a really poor flow rate. THis sometimes also means that water is far too hot.
Restricted/blocked shower head or filter can cause this.

If Wiltshire has the same hard water I remember from living in Hampshire, the inside of the shower (heating element) might be scaled.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back