Electric shower not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and help!
Not sure if this is electrical or plumbing! We had a new bathroom fitted 3 months ago by the most useless fitter in Christendom. The shower has been OK up to now but now doesn't get hot, only tepid. The low pressure light is on (thinking about it, it's been on for a while, possibly since it was fitted :oops: ). I won't be getting the cowboy back and can't fix it myself but does anyone have any ideas?
Ta

Sponsored Links
Erm, not sure - can they be mains fed or use a pump. I don't recall a pump being mentioned so I guess it's mains fed. I'm beginning to think it might be a plumbing issue rather than electrics. Sorry about not replying straight away but my son thought msn was more important than my shower!

Possibly the fitter did not clean out the pipes & the inlet filter is gunged up restricting the water flow. If you check the make/model no. on the "shower doctor" site you will probably get a diagram showing where the filter is, if you do not have the instructions.

Sponsored Links
Thanx, will do that. Fitter didn't make an effort with anything so wouldn't surprise me. Didn't even get a certificate for the electrics so am getting another in to check the wiring - probably another horror story! :eek:

Didn't even get a certificate for the electrics
Nothing from Building Control?

1) Report them to TSO.

2) Report them to the council, in writing, cc'ing the Borough Solicitor, and tell them that if they don't do something you will go to the local press and radio, and your councillor, and your MP, and the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to invite them to start asking the council why they are allowing people to get away with breaking the law.

3) Go to the police and make a statement - you have evidence that a criminal offence has been committed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back